Without making any hiding places, the first time I filled my diaper bag, I was in the field. A few diapers, a washcloth, a couple of wet wipes… I think it was an hour after I left my house that I realized it was taking A LOT more than that. So I am sharing with you my diaper bag essentials, to prevent "moms in the making" from learning the hard way! ;)
- Layers, of course!
- Several washcloths. I repeat, several! Regurgitation, milk, pee / poo accidents, anything can happen!
- A packet of wet wipes. They make life easier during less "pleasant" diaper changes, let's say!
- A small changing mat for diaper changes, no matter where you are.
- Small bags to deposit soiled diapers / clothes while waiting to arrive at home.
- Protective cream for the baby seat, miniature version!
- Un hid layer and / or spare pajamas and, if space allows, add a small set for you too! BIG incidents happen!
- Un bonnet and baby mittens. Very handy when you arrive in the slightly air-conditioned sections at the grocery store!
- A small toy / book to amuse and distract baby.
- A spare pacifier.
- If you are breastfeeding, nursing pads and, on long outings, your breast pump if you have one!
- A blanket for baby.
- A ready-to-serve commercial milk bottle and a pacifier can always help.
And lo and behold, it may seem like a lot, but most of the items were added following an event of some kind… I will spare you the details! For experienced moms, what are the essentials of your diaper bag?
Thank you. How can I log in?